Wednesday, September 17, 2014

[BLOG UPDATE] New Design and Features...

You may have noticed a few changes on my page. Fear-not! Just made a quick number of adjustments...

  • Cleaner design: The old design was starting to feel cluttered and messy. Now everything is as simple and streamlined as possible.
  • New pages: I added a couple of new pages to the site, including a few that cleans up navigation around my blog...
    • Race Schedules & Reports -- this existed before, but now you can choose which year to check out before proceeding. So, if you're at all interested to see what is in store for 2015, you may do so.
    • Course Previews -- if you're most interested in checking out an in-depth analysis of the race route (which is one of the central reasons I write this blog), then there's a page devoted to just that. Furthermore, I will be keeping the "Course Preview" posts and "Race Reports" posts separate from each other now, with the "Course Preview" posts all easily accessible on the "Course Previews" page.
    • Course Videos -- you may have noticed I've started including some on-board footage of the race courses. This has mainly been put in race reports, but now there's a separate page for just the videos (specifically, links to the YouTube video page). Further, I will include these videos in-text (as well as give the direct link) on the "Course Preview" posts as well.
  • New navigation headers: For pages (and some posts), I've started including a quick navigation header. Checking out a race report and want to get back to the 2014 Schedule page quickly and without the extra clicks? Just see the top of the page.
  • New name: As my intention was for this to be a resources for like-minded maniacs on top of the personal multi-sports journal, I felt the need to ditch the "My."
Everything else remains. If you have any suggestions for ease-of-use, by all means let me know. Until then, keep R/B/S'ing.

-tds
~~__o
  _-/<,_
@/   @

No comments:

Post a Comment