Sunday, June 1, 2014

June: A busy month to come!

June will be by far one of the higher-profile months of my racing calendar. So, as a means to organize my thoughts, I figured I'd do a quick review of what's to come, both on the racing schedule, as well as up-and-coming on the blog.

First, I'm really trying to get caught up on all the races and happenstances that have occurred up to now. Here's what I am currently working on, or will be working on, as far as "race reports" go for events through the end of the first quarter of 2014...

  • The Heartland 39.3 series: Rock the Parkway, Garmin and Running with the Cows HM's.
  • My first 'unofficial' (LifeTime Indoor Tri) and official (CGSC Triathlon) triathlons.
  • Chasing my 2013 PR at the early-season Easter Egg 5k.
  • My first race back with Big D since The Accident, the Jesse Blancarte 10k Time Trial.
  • First middle-distance run of the year, the Amy Thompson 8k.
I'm hoping to have each finished by this weekend, but writing these is taking longer than I'd expected. For the month of June, things start to really heat up. Here's what's up-and-coming on my race calendar (and thus, on the blog as well)...

  • The Hospital Hill Re-Run: 5k + 10k, June 6th & 7th.
  • The Kansas Time Trial Championships, June 14th.
  • The Tour of KC New Longview Criterium, my first crit since The Accident, June 20th.
  • Good-cause 5k's: Putting the Boots to ALS & the CASA Superhero 5k's, June 27th & 28th.
Finally, I do have quite a few reviews I would like to nail down. Here's what I'm looking at covering (at least for now)...

  • My current (and recent) running shoes line-up. Yes, each of the following are old models, but they will serve as great comparison pieces for some newer kicks on the market, so I'll likely combine short review for all of them in one post: Brooks Ravenna 4 (& 5), Mizuno Wave Inspire 9 (& 10), Mizuno Wave Musha 5, Zoot Ultra TT 6.0, Brooks Pure Drift
  • Then, full reviews for: Mizuno Wave Paradox, Mizuno Wave Hitogami, Brooks Pure Connect 3, Zoot Ultra Race 3.0
  • I'd like to nail down a lengthy so-far/short-term review on my running watch of choice, the Garmin Fenix 2.
  • Then maybe some short reviews on some GPS phone apps, and training log programs.
That's all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment