Thursday, August 28, 2014

[RACE UPDATE] Hy-Vee Triathlon: Major Race Route Changes for 2014

Due to nasty rains in the Des Moines area over the last week, portions of the Hy-Vee Triathlon bike course are flooded (specifically, Water Works Park).

In response, event organizers have changed the route of all legs for each the 5150 Elite Cup, 5150 Championnship, and Age Group Triathlon (see website for the route changes -- I'm unable to link it right now).

The 5150 Elite Cup will still be a 1.5k/40k/10k race. The 5150 Championship and Age Group Triathlon have been shortened to a 750m/20k/5k. The Elite Cup start time remains the same, but the remaining waves start at 8:30am. Transition closes at 6:45am for all athletes.

I will reserve my opinion as to the changes noted (if just Water Works Park is flooded, why revise the run leg too? Why shorten the run and swim? Why shorten any of the legs??? Needless to say, I'm damned disappointed.). I will still post the resulting video from my ride, but obviously it will be irrelevant for future race previews. I will also post the revised route once I get the chance -- hopefully tomorrow, but possibly after the race is already finished.

Until then, Keep R/B/S-ing.

-tds
~~__o
  _-/<,_
@/   @

No comments:

Post a Comment