Friday, October 17, 2014

[BLOG UPDATE] HUGE News: This Site is MOVING...

I have outgrown the resources made available through a blog-only webpage. I must move on!

I will continue to update my Blogger page through the rest of the 2014 calendar year (including my Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Coverage). However, as of January 1st, 2015, I will no longer be posting to my tylerdstaples.blogspot.com page.

I am currently transition all of my web content to a new webpage, and I am changing the name -- hopefully for the last time. KC Multisport Life will be called The Kansas City Runner's Resource, and is hosted by Weebly. The site is already available at kcrunnersresource.weebly.com.

As I said, I am currently in transition from this blog to my new site at kcrunnersresource.weebly.com. In my transition, I have decided to migrate over all of my pages and posts. This process is going to take a long time. Many of my first posts have been migrated, but there is still plenty of work to do.

Until my targeted January 1st date, I will post new course previews and race reports both on here (Blogger) as well as on the new KC Runner's Resource page.

In addition to my Blogger going kaput, once my Weebly site goes "live," I will have my own domain at www.kcrunnersresource.com. If you type in kcrunnersresource.weebly.com, it will automatically direct you to the domain.

So here's my the Clifsnotes...

  • October 16th: kcrunnersresource.weebly.com goes live,
    • Migration of Blogger site pages and posts begins.
    • Old posts on Weebly site that are not migrated yet will still link to Blogger post.
      • (aka all Weebly links are already active, but some link to Blogger instead)
    • New posts continue on both Blogger site and Weebly site.
  • October 31st: Blogger posts and pages are finished migrating to new Weebly site.
    • New posts continue on both Blogger site and Weebly site.
  • December 31st: New posts discontinue on Blogger site.
    • Blogger site will remain, but will no longer be updated.
  • January 1st: kcrunnersresource.weebly.com becomes kcrunnersresource.com
I think the move will improve website organization, as well as retain a section specifically for blogging (you'll see what I mean when you visit the new page). I also like the look and customization just a touch better.

If you have any questions/concerns/feedback, you know where to reach me.

Keep R/B/S-ing!!!

-tds
~~__o
  _-/<,_
@/   @

No comments:

Post a Comment